Friday, August 15, 2008

Proposal and time line

This proposal is for work towards my exhibition for graduating diploma students.

Through this initial stage of researching and narrowing down of ideas and accumulating references, artists influences, sketching ideas ect , I intend to work on 3 canvases in a drawing/painting method continuing across all three canvases in relation to "the fragility of life" with the use of line, movement, composition and style, limiting my palette probably in organic tones.

By week 7 I would have completed my initial work phase and exploration of surfaces and ideas and hopefully have started on my major project.

Weeks 8 - 14 worked on my 3 major canvases as per plan called "Fragility" and after being happy with them moved on to my next idea of a figure and words called "growth". This work came about through brainstorming words and then from further research of our waterways and the internal workings of the human body was inspired to do two more works, one in oil based on rivers and veins called 'silent killer' and the other in oil and tar and newspaper called 'sometimes'.

All up I produced 6 paintings going pass my expectations and am very happy with them and may continue on this theme for little while longer.

No comments: